Now in its seventh year, New Year’s Festival Dublin (NYF Dublin) brings you a new and exciting programme of events to ring in 2019. Dublin City will light up with imagination and wonder with 3 spectacular events on 31 December 2018. Gather in the heart of Dublin with family and friends, as the iconic Custom House becomes the centre for NYF Dublin’s Countdown this year. The NYF Dublin Festival is an initiative by Fáilte Ireland in partnership with Dublin City Council, produced, and promoted by MCD Productions. ENQUIRIES For enquiries on NYF Dublin contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep up to date on all things NYF Dublin using the hashtag #NYFDublin and following @NYFDublin or NYFDublin on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For PR enquiries please contact email@example.com
NYF FESTIVAL DUBLIN INFORMATION
MONDAY 31ST DECEMBER
Custom House Quay & George’s Quay, Dublin
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SHOW WILL PROMPTLY START AT SHOW START TIMES GIVEN BELOW
Liffey Lights Midnight Moment Matinee – 18:00 Custom House Quay & George’s Quay
New Year’s Eve Concert – 20:00 – Custom House Quay – STRICTLY OVER 18’s
Liffey Lights Midnight Moment – 23:30 – George’s Quay
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE ALL TICKETED EVENTS AND ADMISSION WILL NOT BE GRANTED WITHOUT YOUR TICKET. TICKET SCANNING WILL BE IN OPERATION. THERE WILL BE NO RE-ADMISSION TO THE EVENT.
**Please Note: THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AVAILABLE FOR THESE EVENTS **
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT AND TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES.
Information can be found on the Dublin City Council website here
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: DART/DUBLIN BUS/LUAS
We strongly advise people to use Public Transport. As this is a city centre event it is easily accessible by foot.
Passengers travelling to the event can get the DART to Tara Street or Connolly Station.
Dublin Bus to O’Connell Street/Abbey Street area – 3 or 4 minute walk to the event.
The closest LUAS stops to the event are as follows –
• RED LINE @ Busáras
• GREEN LINE @ O’Connell GPO or Marlborough Street
For all public transport timetables & information please check the Transport for Ireland website; https://www.transportforireland.ie/
Please note the following items will not be permitted into the event
• Aerosols / Air Horns / Alcohol / Animals (other than registered guide or hearing dogs)
• Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
• Backpacks bigger than A4 size
• Cans / Cameras with a detachable lens or recording equipment Camping Equipment / Chinese or Sky Lanterns
• Food / flagpoles / Fireworks and Flare
• Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks. / GoPro’s, Illegal substances / iPads
• Large Umbrellas / Large chains, spiked bracelet’s or wallet chains / Light Sabers •
• Placards or Signs of any nature
• Nitrous Oxide
• Portable Laser Equipment and Pens
• Selfie Sticks / Smoke Canisters / Sound systems / Spray Cans
• Unauthorized Professional Film or Video Equipment*
• Unofficial tabards or reflective jackets
This is a winter, outdoor event. Please dress appropriately and check the weather forecast in advance of leaving home.
Both Midnight Moment shows are short durations and we would strongly advise that you do not arrive to the event site more than 30 minutes in advance of show times given as there will not be any additional entertainment on site.
SPECIAL ACCESS ENQUIRIES
There will be a Ticketmaster Box Office located at the entry point into Custom House Quay for any ticket collections.
ENQUIRIES For enquiries on NYF Dublin contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep up to date on all things NYF Dublin using the hashtag #NYFDublin and following @NYFDublin or NYFDublin on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.