Now in its fourth year, New Year’s Festival Dublin brings you a new and exciting programme of events to ring in 2018. Dublin City will light up with imagination and wonder over 2 days with 4 spectacular events from 31 December 2017 until 1 January 2018. Gather in the heart of Dublin with family and friends, as the iconic Custom House becomes the centre for NYF Dublin’s Countdown and New Year’s Day Celebrations this year.
The NYF Dublin Festival is an initiative by Fáilte Ireland in partnership with Dublin City Council, produced, and promoted by MCD Productions.
For marketing enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For PR enquiries please contact email@example.com
Sunday 31st December 2017 – Monday 1st January 2018
Custom House Quay & Georges Quay, Dublin
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SHOW WILL PROMPTLY START AT SHOW START TIMES GIVEN BELOW
SUNDAY 31ST DECEMBER
Liffey Lights Midnight Moment Matinée – 18:30 Custom House Quay & Georges Quay (Sold Out)
New Years Eve Concert – 20:00 – Custom House Quay – STRICTLY OVER 18’s (Sold Out)
Liffey Lights Midnight Moment – 23:30 – Georges Quay (Sold Out)
P LEASE NOTE THESE ARE ALL TICKETED EVENTS AND ADMISSION WILL NOT BE GRANTED WITHOUT YOUR TICKET. TICKET SCANNING WILL BE IN OPERATION. THERE WILL BE NO RE-ADMISSION TO THE EVENT.
MONDAY 1ST JANUARY
New Year’s Day Family event -12:00 – 16:00 Custom House Quay
**A GARDA TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN WILL BE IN OPERATION FOR THESE EVENTS.**
CUSTOM HOUSE QUAY will be closed to traffic FROM 06:00 on 29TH DECEMBER 2017 TO 06:00 2nd JANUARY 2018.
GEORGES QUAY will be closed to traffic FROM 17:00 on 31st DECEMBER 2017 TO 01:00 1st JANUARY 2018.
**Please Note: THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AVAILABLE FOR THESE EVENTS **
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: DART/DUBLIN BUS/LUAS
We strongly advise people to use Public Transport. As this is a city centre event it is easily accessible by foot.
Passengers travelling to the event can get the DART to Tara Street or Connolly Station.
Dublin Bus to O’Connell Street/Abbey Street area – 3 or 4 minute walk to the event.
The closest LUAS stops to the event are as follows –
• RED LINE @ Busáras
• GREEN LINE @ O’Connell GPO or Marlborough Street
For all public transport timetables & information please check the Transport for Ireland website; https://www.transportforireland.ie/
Please note the following items will not be permitted into the event
• Aerosols / Air Horns / Alcohol / Animals (other than registered guide or hearing dogs)
• Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
• Backpacks bigger than A4 size
• Cans / Cameras with a detachable lense or recording equipment Camping Equipment / Chinese or Sky Lanterns
• Food / flagpoles / Fireworks and Flare
• Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks. / GoPro’s, Ilegal substances / iPads
• Large Umbrellas / Large chains, spiked bracelet’s or wallet chains / Light Sabers •
• Placards or Signs of any nature
• Nitrous Oxide
• Portable Laser Equipment and Pens
• Selfie Sticks / Smoke Canisters / Sound systems / Spray Cans
• Unauthorized Professional Film or Video Equipment*
• Unofficial tabards or reflective jackets
This is a winter, outdoor event. Please dress appropriately and check the weather forecast in advance of leaving home.
Both Midnight Moment shows are short durations and we would strongly advise that you do not arrive to the event site more than 30 minutes in advance of show times given as there will not be any additional entertainment on site.
SPECIAL ACCESS ENQUIRIES
There will be a Ticketmaster Box Office located at the entry point into Custom House Quay for any ticket collections.